National

Sambhal Violence : Three-Member Judicial Panel Submits Report To UP CM Yogi Adityanath ; Dip In Hindu Population Raises Concern

A three-member judicial commission headed by retired Allahabad high court judge Devendra Kumar Arora has  submitted its report on the November 2024 violence in Sambhal to Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath.

The panel members, including Arora, retired IPS officer Arvind Kumar Jain, and ex-IAS officer Amit Mohan Prasad, met the chief minister and submitted their report on the violence that erupted near the Shahi Jama Masjid in Sambhal on November 24 last year during an ASI-monitored survey of the mosque, claiming four lives and injuring several others.

The commission was set up on November 28, 2024. Its members visited Sambhal several times since December 1, 2024, when they first visited the violence-hit area to record witness statements.

“The judicial commission constituted to probe the Sambhal incident has submitted its report to the chief minister,” Principal Secretary (Home), Sanjay Prasad, said.

About the details of the report, Prasad said, “We can tell more only after studying it. Further action will be taken accordingly.”

“Yes, we have submitted our report to the chief minister. It’s a voluminous report,” panel member and former DGP Jain told PTI.

He, however, refused to disclose the contents of the report, calling them confidential.

Jain also didn’t entertain queries on the authenticity of some reports claiming that, among other things, the voluminous report highlights a demographic shift leading to a dwindling Hindu population.

Most Popular

To Top